Saturday, July 10, 2010

Potatoes, Greens and Eggs





We just had this for lunch, it was delicious. I used steamed potatoes (yukon gold potatoes from our garden), sauted in a skillet. Once browned I added chopped kale, chard and basil from our garden and let it cook a few minutes. Then I added 3 eggs (from our chickens).  I scooted the potato mixture to the side and lowered the heat to cook the whisked eggs, stirring them as they cooked.  When they were still shiny I turned off the heat and stirred them in gently with the potato mixture.  Added a sprinkle of Redmond salt, creole seasoning, cumin, kelp, and curry.  Served it with raw peanuts, and chopped onions and tomatoes.

2 comments:

  1. I ate the lunch...it was delicious. I love mom's food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!!!! Way to go - I love the pictures. And can't wait to try a few of these!

    ReplyDelete